Energy Conservation Building Codes
- ECBC was launched by Govt. of India on 27.5.2007
- Mandatory Scope Covers commercial buildings
- Applies to New Construction only
- Building components included
- Building Envelope (Walls, Roofs, Windows)
- Lighting (Indoor and Outdoor)
- Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) System
- Solar Water Heating and Pumping
- Electrical Systems (Power Factor, Transformers)
- Potential to save 1.7 billion units annually on mandatory application
- Expected reduction in XI plan is 500 MW
Energy Efficiency in Existing Buildings
- There is vast scope for energy efficiency improvement in buildings/ existing facilities.
- Energy Audit Studies have revealed a savings potential to the extent of 40% in end use such as lighting, cooling, ventilation, refrigeration etc.
- Audits identify the Energy baselines in existing facilities along with Energy Efficiency Measures.
Copyright(C) ECCJ 1996-2008