|AEEC Home | Training Index | Index|
|Standards for Judgment by Enterprises Regarding
Rationalization of Energy Use at
Plants and Business Establishments
|Laws concerning the Rational
Use of Energy
Chapter2. Measures for Factories, etc.
Section 1. Measures for Factories
(Matters to be used as standards for judgment by enterprises )
The Minister shall determine and make public the matters given below and the matters to be used as the standards for judgment, regarding the objective of rational use of energy and the measures to be taken systematically to achieve such objective, by the enterprise which uses energy at the Factory (hereinafter referred to as "Enterprise") in order to promote the rational use of energy at the Factory properly and effectively.
Seven areas of factory standard for judgement under the laws concerning the rational use of energy (Article 4)
1. Rationalization of fuel combustion.
2. Rationalization of heating, cooling and heat transfer.
3. Prevention of loses of heat due to thermal radiation and con-duction, etc.
4. Recovery and use of waste heat.
5. Rationalization of heat conversion into power, etc.
6. Prevention of electrical loss due to resistance. etc.
7. Rationalization of conversion of electricity into power, heat,
Four provisions concerning the seven areas that shall be strictly observed.
1. Management: Designate management points according to characteristics and functions, and set management values, standard values and time.
2. Measurement and Records: Periodical measurement. Institute recording method and implement.
3. Maintenance and Check Up: Decide procedures and points of maintenance and check-ups. Implement check ups and record results.
4. Measures for new construction: Institute measures and standards for judgement to promote renovation or con-struction of facilities.
(Required to stipulate management standards for 1. to 3.)
1. Outline of Standards for Judgement (Chart)
Standards for Judgement of proprietors concerning rationalization of energy use in
factories or business site
|(Jan. 10th, 2003 Ministry of Economy, Trade
and Industry announcement No.4, effective from April 1st, 2003)
Contents of management standard setting are shown in the chart bellow. Strictly refer to the notifi-cations in course of application.
Management Standard and Base marks indicate that the text contents are specifically referred to as Management Standard and Base by the provisions.
|Object||Measurement||Measurement & Record||Management & Check Up||Measures for new construction of facility|
|1. Rationalization of fuel combus-tion.||1)1. Fuel combustion shall be controlled in
accor-dance with management standards on air ratio established according
to type of facility combusting fuel (combustion facility) and
type of fuel used.
2, The management standards specified in 1) shall be established to reduce the air ratio based on the air ratio values specified in Attached Table 1(A).Base
3, For multiple facilities, adjust load and manage general heat efficiency.
4. Fuel management to enhance combustion effi-ciency.
|2) Measurement records of supplied fuel amount,
exhaust gas temperature, 0.2% etc.
| 3) Proceed maintenance and check up of the
combustion facility and sustain desirable condition.
| 4)1. Adjust fuel amount and air ratio of
the combustion apparatus according to load change.
2. Adjust ventilation volume and combustion chamber pressure of the ventilator.
|2. Rationalization of heating, cooling and heat transfer.||2-1(1)1. Control medium temperature, pressures
and amount for facilities using heat medium.
2) Improve heat pattern by raising heat efficiency for industrial furnace. Base
3)Manage amount and inner-furnace positioning of heated & cooled objects and prevent over/under load. Management Standard
4) When using multiple facilities, adjust load to raise general efficiency. Man-agement Standard
5) Cut down waiting time between processes for repe-titive processing.
6) Intensive operation for intermittent operation. Man-agement Standard
7) Manage water quality for boiler feed-water.
8) Shut valve when steam facility is not in use.
9) Maintain dryness of heating facility steam.
10) Other provisions con-cerning heat medium for heating and heated objects. Management Standard
|2-1(2) Heat medium tem-perature, pressure and flow amount of steam used for heating & cooling objects shall be measured and recorded. Management Standard||2-1(3) Maintain and check heat transfers parts
of the boiler/heat exchanger, and periodically removes soot, dust and scale
to prevent heat transferability to deteriorate.
|2-1(4) 1. Use high heat conductivity material
for heat exchange parts.
2. Rationalize arrange-ment of heat exchangers to raise overall heat efficiency.
|2-2(1)1. For management of air conditioning,
manage air conditioning temperature, humidity and ventilation frequency.
Consider government re-commendable values for air conditioning temperature. Management Standard
2. Manage Heat source facilities and ventilation devices so that both individual device efficiency and overall efficiency improve. Management Standard
3. Manage hot water tem-perature and pressure of the hot water supply facilities to improve efficiency.
|2-2(2)1. Measure and record temperature, humidity
etc. for each section. Management Standard
2. Measure and record for both individual and overall efficiency improvements. Management Standard
3. For hot water supply facility, measure and record items required for improvement such as amount, temperature etc. Management Standard
|2-2(3)1. Maintenance and check up to improve
efficiency of individual air conditioning devices and overall improvement
of general facility. Management Standard
2. Maintenance and check up of hot water supply facility for improved efficiency. Management Standard
3. Maintenance and check up of auto control devices of air conditioner. Management Standard
|2-2(4) 1.Implement efficient use of energy
when air-conditioning facility is newly con-structed.
1) Correspond to change in heat demand. Separated control for each section.
2) Adopt high efficiency heat source such as heat pump etc.
3) Adopt high efficiency operation system such as number control.
4) Adopt wind and current transformation amount system of rotation control etc.
5) Set measurement apparatus required for improving efficiency for each air condition section, and adopt BEMS etc. to allow appropriate air conditioning.
2. Efficient use of energy for new constructed hot water supply facility.
Prevention of heat loss due to thermal radia-tion and con-duction, etc.
|1) 1. Heat insulation con-struction of heat-oriented
facilities shall follow the provisions of the standard.
2. Heat insulation measures for newly constructed industrial furnace shall refer to the other chart, section 2(A) Outer surface temperature of the furnace wall as a standard. Base
Carry out same measures for existing facilities if possible. Base
|(2) For each facility, measure and record outer surface temperature of the furnace wall, heated object temperature, exhaust gas etc., and record the results of the heat balance analysis. Management Standard||(3) 1. For all facilities using heat, proceed
maintenance and check up from measures to prevent heat loss from a heat
insulation construction and etc. Management Standard
2. Maintenance and check up to prevent steam leakage from the steam trap. Management Standard
|(4) 1. For new con-structed facilities using
heat, raise insulation performance and use insulators that meet the fire
proof heat insulator standard.
2. Prevent radiant heat by reducing or sealing the opening of the facility.
3. Reduce emission area of the heat medium transport piping by ra-tionalizing paths.
Recovery and use of waste heat
|(1) 1. Manage exhaust gas temperature, exhaust
heat recovery rate according to the exhaust gas exhaustion facility. Management
2. Manage exhaust gas temperature and exhaust heat recovery rate with the other chart, section 3(A) as a guideline. Base
3. Steam drainage manages temperature, amount and status. Management Standard
4. Range of recovery of heated solid, sensible heat of fluid, latent heat; pressure flammable contents shall be managed. Management Standard
5. Using exhausted heat.
|2) Measure and record temperature, quantity of heat, elements etc. to grasp the status of the exhaust heat recovery facility and promote usage. Management Standard||(3) For Exhaust heat recovery facilities, maintenance and check up of surface of heat exchange (remove dirt) and preventions to heat medium leakage. Management Standard||(4) 1. Apply measures to sustain exhaust heat
temperature to the flues and piping of the exhaust heat recovery facilities.
2. Improve surface of heat exchange condition and form and increase heat exchange area to raise exhaust heat recovery rate.
Rationalization of heat conver-sion into power, etc.
|5-1(1) 1. Manage operation of the power plant
facilities to maintain high efficiency operation. Also, raise overall efficiency
of parallel operation by appropriately dividing according to the loads
in-crease/decrease. Management Standard
2. During partial load of the thermal electric power plant steam turbine, manage to optimize, if possible to operate in lowered pressure. Management Standard
|5-1(2) Periodically measure and record heat efficiency for exclusive power plant facilities. Management Standard||5-1(3) Maintenance and check up on power plant facilities to sustain high level of heat efficiency. Management Standard||5-1(4) 1. Thoroughly examine past records
of demand for electricity and possible future trends to decide the appropriate
size of the power plant.
2. Newly constructed power plant facility shall not fall bellow the domestic average power receiving end generating rate.
|5-2(1) 1. For operating multiple boilers of
cogeneration facilities, Raise general efficiency according to the load
2. When using back pressure extraction turbine for a cogeneration facility, manage the lowest allowable bleed pressure and back pressure.
|5-2(2) 1. Measure and record heat efficiency.
2. When operating the turbine at the lowest pressure, measure and record entrance/exit pressure, bleed pressure and back pressure. Management Standard
|5-2(3) Cogeneration facilities shall be main-tained and checked to sustain high level of heat efficiency. Management Standard||5-2(4) Size of the co-generation facility shall be determined after thorough examination of electricity, past records of thermal demand and possible future trends.|
Prevention of electrical loss due to resis-tance, etc.
|(1) 1. Transformers shall maintain appropriate
demand rate. Management Standard
2. Optimize voltage, position and shorten distribution line circuit of the transformer facility. Management Standard
3. Power rate of power receiving end shall be over 90% as a standard of the appended chart no.4, and raise rate by setting the phase advance condenser.
4. Manage the Phase advance condenser to operate and stop according to the facility set. Management Standard
5. When connecting single-phase load to a three-phase, manage to prevent voltage unbalance. Management Standard
6. For facilities using elec-tricity. Level out the use of electricity to decrease maxi-mum electricity. Management Standard
7. Mitigate electricity loss from the transformer facilities and distribution line facilities. Management Standard
|(2) Measure and record electricity used, transformer facility , distribution line facility, voltage and electric current etc. Management Standard||(3) Maintenance and check up for transformer and distribution line facilities to sustain good condition. Management Standard||(4) Transformer position, distribution voltage, facility size shall be determined after a thorough examination of electricity demand records and possible future trends.|
Rationalization of conversion of electricity into power, heat etc.
|7-1(1) 1. Electric power applied facilities
shall take into consideration the relation with start up electric power
to cut down electricity loss due to slipping and stop. Management
2. When using multiple electrically powered devices, maintain appropriate demand rate, adjust number of operating devices and im-plement appropriate dis-tribution of load. Management Standard
3. For fluid machinery, adjust amount of transmit and pressure by number control caused by reconsideration of used end pressure and delivery pressure, to mitigate electric device load. Management Standard
4. Raise heat efficiency of induction furnace by improving loading methods of heated objects. Management Standard
5. Raise electrolysis effi-ciency of electrolytic facilities by appropriately managing electrode distance and elec-trolytic solution. Management Standard
6. Manage voltage and electric current per facility using electricity to cut down electricity loss. Management Standard
|7-1(2) Electric power applied facilities; Electric heating facilities shall measure and record voltage and electric current. Management Standard||7-1(3) 1. Maintenance and check up of load
machinery and power transmission part to mitigate machinery loss. Management
2. Maintain and check up fluid machinery to prevent fluid leakage and mitigate piping resistance. Management Standard
3. Electric heating facility shall be maintained and checked to mitigate resistance loss of distribution connection part and switch connection part. Management Standard
|7-1(4) For electric power applied facility, if constantly used in large load change, create a facility structure easy to adjust to load change.|
|7-2(1) 1. Manage lighting facilities by regulating
stan-dards. Management Standard
2. Control number of op-erating elevators.
3. Turn off power of office machines when not in use.
|7-2(2) Measure and record luminance of the illumination facility. Management Standard||7-2(3) 1. Maintain and check up of cleaning
and exchanges for the illumi-nation facility. Management
2. Maintenance and check up of the elevator to mitigate machinery loss. Management Standard
3. Maintain and check office devices periodically.
|7-2(4) 1. Adopting a energy saving illumination
2. Adopting of high effi-ciency lamp such as the HID lamp.
3. Consider maintenance of cleaning.
4. Consider general illumination efficiency such as the efficiency of flashing light and illumi-nation devices.
5. Other circuit for facilities using daylight.
|AEEC Home | Training Index | Index|
Copyright(C) ECCJ 1996-2019