Holding of 2nd online seminar for Cambodia on human resource capacity building for energy efficiency and conservation in FY2021 as AJEEP Scheme 3 project
ECCJ has implemented online seminar for Cambodia connected with Tokyo, Phnom Penh and Jakarta on 18th February (Fri) as disptching of experts is not possible because of the spread of COVID-19.The AJEEP Scheme 3 has started from 2012, therefore this project has been implemented for 10 years. So we have summerized the activities to date on this final occasion.
Participants of Scheme 3
1. The EE&C regal framework has been progressed firmly through the 10 years activities of AJEEP Scheme 3, leading to the formulation of the National Energy Efficiency Policy(NEEP) which is expected to be approved soon. It stipulates the basic EE&C measures for industries, commercial buildings, home appliances, transportation.
2. Regarding EnMS, the threshold value for designation for factory and commercial buildings has set. The template of the periodical report has been finalized. And also, the structure and contents of EC Guideline has started to study in the TWG (Technical Working Group ).
3. Regarding the S&L(Standard and Labelling) , the draft “Sub-Decree on Energy Efficiency Standards and Labeling for Electrical Appliances and Equipment” and draft “Ministrial Order on S&L for AC ”were finalized in MME (Ministry of Mines and Energy) & TWG in Scheme 3. The energy efficiency evaluation index, the test standard, the MEPS(Minimum Energy Performance Standards) value, and the Energy label have been harmonized with the ASEAN standard.
4. After the completion of Scheme 3, Cambodia will manage to cope with the outstanding items by itself. It is expected that Cambodia will fully utilize the materials and knowledge provided through this activity. And that the relationships with other ministries, universities, and private sectors, which have built in Scheme 3, will be further strengthened to develop an effective and practical system.
* AJEEP: ASEAN-JAPAN Energy Efficiency Partnership
Program for building EE&C capacity in the ASEAN region by dispatching experts and implementing training in Japan