Holding of 2nd online seminar for Lao PDR on human resource capacity building for energy efficiency and conservation in FY2021 as AJEEP Scheme 3 project
ECCJ has implemented online seminar for Lao PDR connected with Tokyo, Vientian and Jakarta on 10th February as disptching of experts is not possible because of the spread of COVID-19.The AJEEP Scheme 3 has started from 2012, therefore this project has been implemented for 10 years. So we have summarized the 10 years activity on this final occasion.
1. The EE&C regal framework has been progressed firmly through the 10 years activities of AJEEP Scheme 3 and they led to enact the EE&C Prime minister Decree on 11th May 2020. It stipulates the practical measures for EE&C for industries, commercial building, home appliances and transportation.
2. Regarding the Energy Management System, the threshold value for designation for factory and building has set. The template of the periodical report has been finalized. And the structure and contents of EC Guideline has started to study in the TWG (Technical Working Group).
3. As for the S&L(Standard and Labelling) system, the Draft Provision for S&L for AC is in the process of approval by the Minister of Energy and Mine. The evaluation index, Test standard, MEPS(Minimum Energy Performance Standards), rating standard and label design are harmonized with ASEAN standard.
4. It is expected that the relationship with other ministries, universities, and private sectors which have been built through Scheme 3 project, will be further strengthened to develop an effective and practical system.
* AJEEP: ASEAN-JAPAN Energy Efficiency Partnership
Program for building EE&C capacity in the ASEAN region by dispatching experts and implementing training in Japan