| Welcome to ECCJ / AEEC website
AEEC is a unit established in ECCJ in April 2007 aiming for promotion of energy efficiency and conservation in Asian countries through international cooperation. We make our best efforts to provide one-stop window service for a variety of inquiries about Japanese EE&C and related issues.
- 30 Apr. 2013
- Summer Energy Conservation Measures
In order to promote energy conservation measures for the summer from June to September, the Inter-Ministerial Liaison Council for the Promotion of Energy and Resource Conservation Measures was held and made a decision on the Summer Energy Conservation Measures.
- 17 Apr. 2013
- Expansion of India-Japan Energy Forum 2013
Mr. Shuichi Sugawara, State Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry visited New Delhi, India on April 17, 2013. The State Minister met H.E. Mr. Montek Singh Ahluwalia, Deputy Chairman of the Planning Commission, Government of India. They agreed on the plan to hold the "India-Japan Energy Forum 2013" in September.
- 12 Apr. 2013
- FY 2011 Energy Supply and Demand Report (revised report)
The Agency for Natural Resources and Energy has released the revised report on Japan's energy supply and demand situation for FY 2011, based on the results of a variety of energy-related statistics.
- 13 Mar. 2013
- The First Poland-Japan Energy Policy Dialogue was Held
On March 13, 2013, the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) held the First Poland-Japan Energy Policy Dialogue in Tokyo. Japan and the Republic of Poland exchanged views on their energy situations and policies.
- 5 Mar. 2013
- Cabinet Decision on the Bill to Partially Amend the Act on the Rational Use of Energy (Energy Conservation Act)
The Cabinet today decided the Bill to Partially Amend the Act on the Rational Use of Energy (Energy Conservation Act). The Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) will submit the bill to the 183rd Ordinary Session of the Diet.
- 1 Mar. 2013
- Memorandum on Cooperation between the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry of Japan and the Ministry of Economy of the Kyrgyz Republic Concluded
The Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry has concluded the "Memorandum on Cooperation between the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry of Japan and the Ministry of Economy of the Kyrgyz Republic in the Field of Trade, Economy, Energy, and Mineral Resources" with the Ministry of Economy of the Kyrgyz Republic on February 27, 2013.
- 1 Mar. 2013
- Announcement of an Application Process of Surcharges on Electricity Rates to be Billed in and after April 2013 under the Feed-in Tariff Scheme for Renewable Energy
Under the Feed-in Tariff Scheme for Renewable Energy, the surcharges are added to monthly electricity rates. The Agency for Natural Resources and Energy (ANRI) hereby announces that such surcharges will be added to the electricity rates to be billed in April, 2013 at the same unit price of the surcharge as those in March, 2013 (FY2012 surcharges).
- 20 Feb. 2013
- Cabinet Decision to Enforce the Cabinet Order for Partial Revision of the Order for Enforcement of the Act on the Rational Use of Energy (Energy Saving Act)
On February 15, 2013, the Cabinet decided to enforce the Cabinet Order for Partial Revision of the Order for Enforcement (concerning the Top Runner Program) of the Act on the Rational Use of Energy. This revision has additionally defined specific equipment that is required to promote the rational use of energy, according to the Energy Saving Act.
- 20 Feb. 2013
- METI Minister Motegi Visited the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates
Mr. Toshimitsu Motegi, Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry, visited the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) from February 8 to February 11, 2013.
- 15 Jan. 2013
- Vice-Minister for International Affairs Sasaki Visited Mr.
Ahluwalia, Deputy Chairman of the Planning Commission
On January 10, 2013, Mr. Nobuhiko Sasaki, Vice-Minister for International Affairs of the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI), visited India. He met with Mr. Montek Singh Ahluwalia, Deputy Chairman of the Planning Commission of India, and they exchanged views on expansion of the Japan-India investment exchange and enhancement of cooperation between the countries in the energy field.
- 9 Jan. 2013
- Electricity Supply-Demand Measures this Winter
On December 6, 2012, on the occasion of the 18th Session of The Electricity Supply-Demand verification Committee, which was established by the Electricity Supply-Demand Review Committee and the Energy and Environment Council, held four meetings in total from October 12 to 30, 2012. Third –party experts verified the electricity supply and demand forecast for this winter.
- 17 Dec. 2012
- Summary of the Fourth Japan-US Clean Energy Policy Dialogue
On December 4, 2012, the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) held the fourth Japan-U.S. Clean Energy Policy Dialogue in Aizuwakamatsu City, Fukushima Prefecture, Japan, to discuss the most promising path toward future Japan-U.S. cooperation on clean energy (co-chaired by Mr. Ryo Minami, Director, International Affairs Division, Agency for Natural Resources and Energy, and Dr. Phyllis Yoshida, Deputy Assistant Secretary, Office of Policy and International Affairs, the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE)).
|Related News from Overseas
- 15-17 Jan. 2013
- WFES (World Future Energy Summit) in Abu Dhabi
- 10-13 Oct. 2012
- International Greentech Eco-products Exhibition & Conference Malaysia 2012(IGEM)
- 23-24 June 2010
- EAS and ASEAN+3 JOINT WORKSHOP for EFFECTIVE EE&C Policy Guidelines
- 3-4 June 2010
- 13th East Asia Summit Energy Conservation Task Force (13th EAS-ECTF)
- 10 May 2010
- Second EMAK workshop in Washington USA
Information from partnering institutions
Publication related to Energy Conservation
- March 2009
- "Strengthened Regulatory Measures for Japanese Energy
Conservation Policy" (METI) (PDF)
- May 2012
- "Energy Conservation Handbook 2011"
- April 2012
- "EDMC '12 Handbook of Energy & Economic Statistics in Japan"
- February 2010
- "Guide to the Promotion of Energy Conservation in Commercial Buildings 2009" (PDF)
- February 2010
- "Guide for the Promotion of Energy Conservation in Factories 2009" (PDF)