| Welcome to ECCJ / AEEC website
AEEC is a unit established in ECCJ in April 2007 aiming for promotion of energy efficiency and conservation in Asian countries through international cooperation. We make our best efforts to provide one-stop window service for a variety of inquiries about Japanese EE&C and related issues.
·We relocated our office on 18 August, 2014 [MAP]
- 27 Apr. 2016
- [ECCJ’s Activities] 2015 ASEAN-JAPAN Energy Efficiency and Conservation Symposium on Standard and Labeling Policy in Myanmar (PDF)
2015 ASEAN-JAPAN Energy Efficiency and Conservation Symposium on Standard and Labeling Policy in Myanmar took place on 18 Dec. 2015 in the presence of Myanmar’s MOI Vice Minister, and Mr.J.Sogawa (MD, ECCJ).
- 27 Apr. 2016
- [ECCJ’s Activities] 2015 ASEAN-JAPAN Energy Efficiency and Conservation Symposium on Standard and Labeling Policy in Lao PDR (PDF)
2015 ASEAN-JAPAN Energy Efficiency and Conservation Symposium on Standard and Labeling Policy in Lao PDR took place on 15 Dec. 2015 in the presence of Lao’s MEM Deputy Director General, and Mr.J.Sogawa (MD, ECCJ).
- 27 Apr. 2016
- [ECCJ’s Activities] Implementation of Energy Conservation Cooperation Project for Brazil (Part 2) (PDF)
ECCJ implemented the Part2 of the Energy Conservation Cooperation Project for Brazil on top of Part1 continued from Feb. to Oct. 2014 (inclusive of Activity1&2 )
- 27 Apr. 2016
- [ECCJ’s Activities] Award of ASEAN for the Contributions to Energy Conservation (PDF)
ECCJ’s Deputy Director of Training and Education Department, Mr.Kazuhiko Yoshida was awarded for the Contributions to Energy Conservation In the 33rd Ministers on Energy Meeting of the ASEAN held in Malaysia on 7th Oct. 2015.
- 27 Apr. 2016
- [ECCJ’s Activities] SE4ALL Global Energy Efficiency Forum on Cities took place in Tokyo (PDF)
SE4ALL Global Energy Efficiency Forum on Cities took place in Tokyo on 29-30 Oct. 2015 on the theme of “Moving toward Enhanced Global Efficiency in Energy Utilization through Improved Collaboration between the Public and Private Sectors and among Cities”
- 18 Mar. 2016
- Settlement of FY 2016 Purchase Prices and FY 2016 Surcharge Rates under the Feed-in Tariff Scheme for Renewable Energy
The Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) has determined the FY 2016 purchase prices for newcomers and FY 2016 surcharge rates under the Feed-in Tariff Scheme for Renewable Energy.
- 9 Feb. 2016
- Cabinet Decision on the Bill on the Partial Revision of the Act on Special Measures Concerning Procurement of Electricity from Renewable Energy Sources by Electricity Utilities.
The Cabinet approved the Bill on the Partial Revision of the Act on Special Measures Concerning Procurement of Electricity from Renewable Energy Sources by Electricity Utilities which is to be submitted to the 190th ordinary Diet session. This Bill stipulates a new Feed-in Tariff (FIT) scheme, in order to achieve both the FY 2030 target for the introduction of renewable energy (a ratio of renewable energy from among all energy sources for generating electricity of 22% to 24%), which was presented in the plan for Japan’s energy mix formulated in July 2015 and the reduction of the public burden.
- 12 Jan. 2016
- Eighth Japan-India Energy Dialogue is Held in Tokyo
On January 12, 2016, the governments of Japan and India held the Eighth Japan-India Energy Dialogue in Tokyo and agreed to deepen their comprehensive cooperation in the energy sector. Mr. Motoo Hayashi, Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry of Japan, signed a joint statement with H.E. Mr. Piyush Goyal, Minister of State for Power, Coal and New and Renewable Energy of India, as the chairs of the Dialogue.
- 13 Jan. 2016
- The stock-takes of existing policies and measures on EE&C in EAS countries were updated
The stock-takes of existing policies and measures on EE&C in EAS countries were updated as of Dec.25th,2015 based on the document submitted by each country according to the request of Japan at the EAS / ECTF meeting held in May 2015.
- 1 Dec. 2015
- Results of the Ninth Japan-China Energy Conservation and Environment Forum
The Ninth Japan-China Energy Conservation and Environment Forum was held on November 29, 2015, in Tokyo. The Japanese delegation included Mr. Motoo Hayashi, Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry, Mr. Yosuke Takagi, State Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry, Ms. Tamayo Marukawa, Minister of the Environment, and Shoji Muneoka, Chairman of the Japan-China Economic Association. The Chinese delegation included Mr. Zhang Yong, Vice Chairman of the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC), Ms. Gao Yan, Vice Minister of Commerce of China, and Mr. Cheng Yonghua, Chinese Ambassador to Japan.
At the Forum there were various achievements, including the exchange of consensus documents on 26 cooperation projects, with an attendance of about 750 representatives from the private and public sectors (about 470 from Japan and about 270 from China). On the sidelines of the Forum, State Minister Takagi had a meeting with Ms. Gao Yan, Vice Minister of Commerce of China.
- 25 Nov. 2015
- FY 2014 Energy Supply and Demand Report (Preliminary Report)
The Agency for Natural Resources and Energy (ANRE) has compiled the
Preliminary Report on the FY 2014 Comprehensive Energy Statistics, based on
the results of studies including a variety of energy-related statistics,
and has compiled them to describe Japan’s energy supply and demand
- 28 Sep. 2015
- The Cabinet Approved the 2015 Annual Report on Energy (Japan’s Energy White Paper 2015)
The Annual Report on Energy is a report on the general situation regarding the measures that the Government of Japan has taken in relation to energy,
which shall be submitted to the Diet pursuant to Article 11 of the Basic Act on Energy Policy (Act No. 71 of 2002). On July 14, 2015, the Cabinet
approved the 2015 report, and the Agency for Natural Resources and Energy (ANRE) hereby publicizes the details.
- 24 Sep. 2015
- SE4All Website is now open!
ECCJ is the Energy Efficiency Facilitating Hub for the United Nations SE4All (Sustainable Energy for All) initiative. As one of its first contributions to the SE4All effort, ECCJ will host an international forum on October 29 and 30 in Tokyo
- 17 June 2015
- [ECCJ’s Activities] International Forum for Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy in Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Countries
International Forum for Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy in GCC Countries (organized by the World Bank Group) was held on May 27-28 2015 in Muscat, Oman. Mr. Jiro Sogawa, Managing Director of the Energy Conservation Center Japan (ECCJ) participated in the forum as a panelist.
- 22 May 2015
- Summer Energy Conservation Measures
In order to promote energy conservation measures for the summer from June to September, the Inter-Ministerial Liaison Council for the Promotion of Energy and Resource Conservation Measures was held, and the Council made a decision on the Summer Energy Conservation Measures on May 16, 2014.
- 14 Apr. 2015
- FY 2013 Energy Supply and Demand Report (Revised Report)
The Agency for Natural Resources and Energy (ANRE) has released a revised report on Japan's energy supply and demand situation for FY 2013, based on the results of a variety of energy-related statistic.
|Related News from Overseas
- 2-4 Feb. 2017
- International Engineering and Technology Fair 2017
- 16-19 Jan. 2017
- WFES 2017 (World Future Energy Summit) in Abu Dhabi
- 5-8 Oct. 2016
- International Greentech & Eco Products Exhibition & Conference Malaysia 2016
- 21-23 Sep. 2016
- World Energy Engineering Congress (WEEC) 2016
- 18-20 May 2016
- Entech Hanoi 2016
- 27-29 Jan. 2016
- ENEX 2016 /Smart Energy Japan 2016
Information from partnering institutions
Publication related to Energy Conservation
- March 2009
- "Strengthened Regulatory Measures for Japanese Energy
Conservation Policy" (METI) (PDF)
- Oct 2014
- "Energy Conservation Handbook 2013"
- April 2012
- "EDMC '12 Handbook of Energy & Economic Statistics in Japan"
- February 2010
- "Guide to the Promotion of Energy Conservation in Commercial Buildings 2009" (PDF)
- February 2010
- "Guide for the Promotion of Energy Conservation in Factories 2009" (PDF)