Supervision of on-site practical examination for Energy Conservation in Indonesia and Thailand
<Dispatch of Experts>
Under the instruction and financial support of the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI), the Energy Conservation Center, Japan (ECCJ) visited Indonesia and Thailand in October 2018, where they observed energy conservation practical examination as part of the Leader Training Project in the Qualified Energy Manager Training Program of the AJEEP Scheme 2 activities.
(1) In Indonesia, ECCJ observed an energy conservation audit of a control electric cable manufacturing plant and discussed the results.
(2) In Thailand, ECCJ observed an energy conservation audit of a furniture factory and discussed the results.
As the second part of the AJEEP Scheme 2 Qualified Energy Manager Training Program, energy conservation practical training was implemented in both Indonesia and Thailand, and ECCJ observed the practical training and discussed the results.
(1) On October 10, ECCJ observed the energy conservation audit of an Indonesian control electric cable manufacturing plant, in which electric power analysis of distribution boards and air compressors, temperature measurement of terminals, and in-plant illuminance surveys were conducted. ECCJ gave guidance regarding the procedure of report creation and examination for the training in Japan that will be held in February 2019.
(2) On October 23, ECCJ observed the energy conservation audit of a Thai furniture plant, where boiler wall temperature measurement, illuminance measurement in the painting process, and electric power analysis of air compressors were conducted. Following the audit, discussions were held regarding the details of improvement proposals and guidance was given on the procedure of report creation.
* AJEEP: ASEAN-JAPAN Energy Efficiency Partnership
Program for building EE&C capacity in the ASEAN region by dispatching experts and implementing training in Japan